By investing in the introduction of a late shift to their Leeds warehouse, Samuel Grant Packaging were able to create three new jobs.
The development has allowed the company to improve customer service with increased hours, as well as streamline the warehouse operation, by deliveries being scheduled throughout the day, as opposed to the previous five hour period.
They were also able to extend the cut off for next-day delivery orders by an hour each day, and also extend the hours during which suppliers can deliver to the site up to 7pm, reducing bottlenecks.
The company has also invested in the re-organisation of the warehouse. The 50,000 square foot bespoke-built warehouse was completed in October 2015 with help from the Leeds City Enterprise Fund. The move has enabled the company to grow and develop its operations, and these recent developments illustrate the benefit of making the move from their previous outgrown site in Hunslet.
The company now employs over 100 staff at three sites and continues to grow, maintaining at its core the mission to listen, advise and deliver optimum packaging solutions to clients, on time every time.
- A new wave of recruits for Samuel Grant Packaging
- Marmax Recycled Products’ Work is Award-Winning
- Samuel Grant Packaging become official Signode distributor for strapping
- Once again the Samuel Grant team rolled up their sleeves and headed down to Birmingham’s NEC to exhibit at the annual PPMA (Packaging and Processing Machinery Association) Show
- Celebrating the fabulous Lorraine Lapping – 40 years with Samuel Grant and counting